How about 10 reasons to attend Empty Bowls on Tuesday?
- Yummy Panera bread
- Chad Hartwig bowls
- Tortilla Soup from Teresa’s Mexican Restaurant
- Clowning around with Annette Fragele
- French Onion soup from Pub 42
- Gluten and lactose free Tuscan Bean soup from Pickles
- The soothing sounds of the Armstrong Philharmonic
- Cornbread from Famous Dave’s Bar-B-Que of America, Inc.
- A warm place to hang out on a snowy day
- Filling our foodshelves while enjoying our wonderful community!
See you Tuesday from 4-7 at Sandburg Learning Center
Mark your calendars for the 2015 event:
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015
4 — 7 PM
Sandburg Learning Center
2400 Sandburg Lane
Golden Valley, MN 55427
The original Empty Bowls is a grass roots community event started in the 1990’s in Michigan by two teachers. Since then, that event has spread to communities nation-wide. Four years ago, two intrepid volunteers took up the charge and started Empty Bowls in the Robbinsdale School District to support PRISM and NEAR food shelves, both of which serve families who live within the district. Last year, nearly $14,000 was raised to help alleviate hunger in our community. This year the need in our community is even greater and our goal is to raise $20,000. Read below to see how you can join in.